Accountant – U.S. GAAP / IFRS
Finance / Legal - Düsseldorf, Deutschland
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Accountant - U.S. GAAP / IFRS
Do you have experience in accounting according to U.S. GAAP or IFRS and consolidating the accounts of multiple companies? If you have expertise in at least one of these areas and are willing to immerse yourself in both, join trivago and join our group accounting team. This is a newly created position so you will have the opportunity to make your mark and develop efficient systems and processes.
What you'll do:
- Perform monthly closing procedures according to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepare annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including notes to the financial statements.
- Ensure that SEC filings (20-F, 6-K, etc.) are properly prepared and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS, including notes to financial statements and board reports.
- Optimize our accounting information system and consolidation system, as well as related systems, for financial reporting.
- Enhance the processes and controls around financial reporting.
- Conduct analyses of financial statements, fluctuations, etc.
What you'll definitely need:
- At least 4 years of relevant accounting experience. We will expect you to either have undertaken reporting to/from a publicly listed company according to U.S. GAAP or IFRS, conducted external audits of U.S. GAAP or IFRS financial statements and reporting packages for SEC filing, or have extensive group accounting experience.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- An excellent understanding of the legal and technical aspects of accounting or consolidation according to U.S. GAAP or IFRS. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of both, but we will consider you as long as you have at least one and are willing to learn about and fully engage with the other.
- A very solid knowledge of external financial reporting and public filings.
- The eagerness to create new procedures rather than rely on the status quo.
- A good knowledge of accounting software and a technical understanding that will allow you to automatize processes.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines as you work towards a monthly fast close.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- An excellent understanding of auditing.
What we'd love you to have:
- CPA certification.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.